When it comes to the web, content creation is about much more than being able to write well and spelling correctly. So if you plan to write content for your own website this article provides two worksheets to help you stay on the track.
1. Better understand the users visiting your web page It is crucial that before you go too far down the path of content creation that you think about who your user is. Who is visiting your site? What are they like?
2. Determine what users would want to find once they're on you website It's not just about making sure you say something and fill your pages. Now that you've thought about who your users are ask yourself why they came to your site in the first place. What were they hoping to find?
3. What action should they take You've now thought who they are and what they're looking for. Now what do you want them to do with this information. Think through what each CTA (call to action) will be on your web pages.
4. Tell a story to your users It's back to you now. You've thought through some crucial details about your user so now create a cohesive story throughout your site. One that carries them from page to page to learn more about who you are, what you do and why.
5. You're not done yet Once your story is in place you'll want to think more specifically about SEO. What would the key terms and phrased be that your user would have used to find you? Think about how you search for things. Once you've got this list of search terms and key words, go back through your story and find ways to naturally sprinkle in these words. If you have a blog be sure to write some articles pertaining to your services and use these key words and phrases over and over.